<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: $1 Store Mugs & Sharpies (I'm thankful for...) Mugs

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

$1 Store Mugs & Sharpies (I'm thankful for...) Mugs

I'm helping plan my son's 1st grade party next week and came up with a few craft ideas for all the kids to participate in.
I think this one is a winner! 
These mugs are from the Dollar Tree.
I wrote "I am thankful for...." along the top of the mug and let my kids tell me what to write. My son actually wrote his.

We made turkeys by coloring the tips of our fingers and then "stamping" them on the cup.

We also doodled pumpkins and pilgrim hats.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min to set it. HANDWASH ONLY
And actually maybe we should think of it as a fun thoughtful pen holder or napkin holder/name tag at the turkey day table that you can reuse next year as well...
And those are our "I'm thankful for..." mugs....
I can't wait to help my son's class make these at our Bountiful bash next week!
Should I be upset my daughter said the ipad as #1? lol



The 36th AVENUE
Made in a Day

6 Comments:

At November 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Tonii said...

I am SO in love with this idea!! I love making things you can use each year and look back on when your kids were little....thanks for a fantastic idea!!

 
At November 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger skubby1@aol.com said...

OMG these are wonderful. You just gave me a wonderful idea for our preschool centerpieces. Every year I have my class make a centerpiece for their families and this is it. I will send you a picture of our completed project. Out the door to the dollar tree. thank yoiu again. Mrs. Valerie of Happy Days Preschool

 
At November 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

how do these hold up with washing?

 
At November 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger beccaw said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

 
At November 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Raelene said...

I've actually tried this idea and it's okay with holding up while handwashing, but I notice that the colours don't stay too well. I actually could scrub off the colour if I tried hard enough.

What I recommend is using Sharpie Paint pens. They're a bit more expensive but they stay on much longer. I also left the cups in for an hour instead of half.

 
At November 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you use the sharpie on their fingers to make the turkeys?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home