<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Wax Paper Trick for Hanging a Gallery Wall

Monday, September 3, 2012

Wax Paper Trick for Hanging a Gallery Wall

Good morning! Yesterday we spent all morning hanging this wall in my daughter's new room. I think hanging stuff on walls is HARD! It always seems like no matter how much you measure and use a leveling tool something ends up looking a little off. And are we the only couple who get grumpy at each other when hanging things?! lol "It's not straight." "Yes it is!" "Then do it yourself."
In order to alleviate some of this, I decided to try this wax paper trick I had pinned via the blog Roost.

Basically you just figure out your arrangement on the floor and flip the pics over. Tape some wax paper together and mark where the nails should go. The key here is to make sure all the frames are straight and level on the floor. Then just tape the wax paper template to the wall where you want it and place your nails

For the most part it worked great! I did have to fix the three pics with the ribbon ties. There's a ton of tiny mess up holes on those! Ha Those are difficult!


These are all things she had in our last house. The new room was already painted this turquoise color. I wasn't sure it was gonna look so great with her things, but now that its all in there....Not so bad!
Since this room has less wall space I decided to hang more of a gallery wall.
My grandma gave her this sweet angel when she was born and it's my favorite...and also the letters my cute friend Jessica made as a baby gift!


Her room is coming along. I'll post the entire room soon :) Have a beautiful day!!
If you liked this post I hope you'll follow along with me here!
                                                    A Mommy’s Blog Design Free Pinterest Social Media IconFacebookRSS FeedEmailTwitter
Joining:


SNAP!

The 36th AVENUE

Create and Inspire

5 Comments:

At September 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Karen said...

so cute! It looks perfectly lined up! I may have to try this on my wall:) Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

I love these tips, and honestly I always wonder, what made you think of that? Turned out great pinning this :)

 
At September 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Blogger JustForDaisy said...

This is gorgeous! :) Love it and pinned it! Can't wait to get some frames on our walls! x

 
At September 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I hadn't seen that idea. It's a great one! I think many couples get a little irritated with each other when things aren't working quite right during a project. You're not alone there for sure!

 
At September 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Genius idea! Would love for you to share this at my link party. Hope to see you there!
http://www.thesasselife.com/2012/09/crafty-sasse-wednesday-link-party-45.html
Kim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home