<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: My New Craft Space Progress

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My New Craft Space Progress


So what do you do when you've created something you love, like this in your home


 and you suddenly have to move? Well first you cry...then pout...and then you get over it and create something else even more awesome! Ha well that's sorta my goal.
This past weekend we scored all this scrap wood at Lowe's for a 5$ cutting fee. This is where it pays off to have both a good negotiator husband and also one who can do carpentry :) He also says he's the fancy behind the Fancy Frugal and doesn't get enough credit. That's probably true. Thanks Dear!

Remember when I was driving down my street and spotted this on the side of the road.? I thought about turning it into a puppet theater or lemonade stand for the kids. But then we moved 

 and my husband actually thought of the idea to use it as craft storage. That's the smartest idea I've ever heard! Right? There's this nook under the stairs between our dining and living room perfect for a small work area. I also brought in these two white shelves that used to be in the garage.
 My husband made a counter from the scrap wood. He's good at this stuff and credits all the bars he made in his fraternity house basement during college! lol Thank goodness for that. :)

 He screwed wood to the top of this new organizer we picked up from Lowe's and also to the wall.
Then trimmed that out with another piece of wood.


 Then I painted it all white.


My original adhesive shelf paper from the old craft closet was purchased at TJ Maxx.
I went to every location I could think of and no one had it. 
Then when we moved to CA I found this one at our TJ Maxx.
I also painted the headboard. Don't look at all the craft stuff all over the floor. Ugh that's the next step.
So what do you think? I'm excited about my new space! I might put dowel rods and hooks in the headboard to max out storage opportunities for ribbon or wrapping paper. Or maybe pegboard? 


Joining:
The 36th AVENUE

4 Comments:

At September 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Susan S. said...

This is looking good Lina! I never would have thought of raising the headboard up on top of the bookshelves. It adds a nice focal point AND makes great use of vertical space. I wonder if you're going to use your 'signature' chalk board paint somewhere in this space?

 
At September 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow This is looking A-mazing! Wish my craft room was this organized and beautiful!
I am your newest follower~
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

 
At September 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Laura's Crafty Life said...

It is looking great! The craft-y stuff is so hard to contain and make look nice in a way that you can still access it all! I am sure it will be great when you are all done!

 
At October 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Thrifties said...

awesome page, great ideas
thanks for sharing
http://www.thriftiesnewspaper.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home