<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: A Fancy Frugal Fall Wedding (Rustic & Vintage)

Monday, September 24, 2012

A Fancy Frugal Fall Wedding (Rustic & Vintage)


Last October my brother married his beautiful bride and they had such a fun vintage rustic wedding.
Today I'm sharing all the details that went into this Fancy Frugal Fall Wedding :)
What this wedding lacked in a decorating budget it made up for in vintage charm and love! It was fun and stylish just like the couple..
 I mean come on, don't they have the coolest engagement pics in the history of ever?!

Soda Springs Ranch near Camp Verde, AZ (about 1.5 hours north of Phoenix) was the setting for this beautiful wedding.
Soda Springs is a very historical property that dates back to 1876 with such famous guests as Clark Gable and President Roosevelt's daughter Anna. You can read about the history here.
The owners happen to be great friends of the bride's parents and hosted the family for the weekend.
It was gorgeous! (And as a native Arizonan, it was fun to visit somewhere I'd never been before in my own state.)
I just love Northern AZ by the way.. Flagstaff (NAU) is where I went to college. and I'd live there again in a second....
There is a large main lodge with bar and guestrooms, a beautiful flowing creek outside, and the grounds are amazing! Perfect for a casual, yet elegant outdoor rustic wedding!

 I was so excited to help out with the wedding decorations, I started collecting vases, mason jars, candles, ect from thrift stores way ahead of time. Some of my own stuff from my house showed up at the wedding too!

 Some of my projects I featured here on my blog along the way... like the vintage suitcase "Honeymoon Fund"we set out on the gift table. It turned out so great! I painted a crate I found at Goodwill as well as a tray "here comes the bride" sign, and a "Just Married" bunting banner from Goodwill fabric.



My hubby and I threw together this sign with some scrap wood and extra paint from our garage. 

I carved out the tops of these faux pumpkins from the craft store and placed candles in there.
I glued bamboo looking sticks to embellish this candle.
I made a little bride and groom bunting by printing out the letters on fabric and gluing them on top of burlap triangles. I then glued them onto cream colored ribbon. These were taped to the bride and groom's chair at the wedding.
I had fun making three different projects with with vintage music paper via The Graphics Fairy and Mod Podge. Go here for that post. The giant cardboard letters were from Joann's Fabrics.
Below are dollar store religious candles...transformed! 
The third project with the music paper was my love bird garland. I used it after this on my Christmas tree.

This bunting I put together was with more fabric from Goodwill. It's just triangles glued to ribbon.

The flower girl baskets were from Goodwill. I embellished with ribbon and fabric flowers....
That's my little girl on the right as one of the flower girls. My son is behind her. 
Those skirts were from Target ($10).

The ring bearer pillow was from my wedding and I added a fabric flower to the center. 
See that cute little boy "Tuf"? That's the bride's cute nephew. His mom told him that sign said "Spiderman" so he would wear it! He then asked if he could take it home and hang it in his room afterwards...Ha so cute!
The bride's Aunt Stacie made that beautiful wedding cake. It has their monogram on top and served on a large wood slice.


Here's my Goodwill chalkboard with the wedding party names.


I set up a s'more making table to go along with the outdoor vibe. It was a big hit! 
Yes I thought of Celebrate S'more :) 
 Here's how I displayed there monogram letters.
This was the bride's project and I loved it. She made this frame and had her mom bring an old typewriter for notes to the couple.

Here are my dollar store religious candles with chalkboard paint.
My mom and I had fun before the wedding setting up different little centerpieces on each table. The bride's dad cut wood slices for us to use.

Each table was different and had a combination of the craft store pumpkins, embellished candles, framed pictures of the couple. mason jars, and random goodies from my house. We also used some of the wildflowers from the property!


The rest of the pictures are from the bride's talented photographer Aunt. Visit Stephanie McBride Photography from Utah.






(My son back there makes my heart melt.) My daughter on the right was very serious about her job! 
 I want to also note that the crafty bride made her bridesmade's bouquets from Hobby Lobby faux wildflowers. They looked so real and fit in so great!

What a special and beautiful day for our family! I was honored to be apart of it :) We had a great time and danced the night away!

I'm happy to report the happy couple added to the family with their cute puppy Rusty this year!
And they currently use some of their wedding decor in their home! 

So what'd you think? Don't you love a good wedding? Thanks for stopping by and joining in the fun :)

Sharing my post at these amazing blogs:



SNAP!

The 36th AVENUE

Little Inspiration

7 Comments:

At September 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Tracy Snyder said...

I love all the details that went into the wedding, so charming. What a beautiful couple. Congrats to them!

 
At September 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM , Blogger the Sweetest Memory said...

Lovely details, and as a Native Arizonan I appreciate visiting new places! Camp Verde is a charming town. Kari

 
At September 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course we love a good wedding, I think it was fabulous! I love everything! The smores and I think I am going to steal the chalk board with the wedding party and use it at the rehearsal dinner. Your children are adorable and the couple are gorgeous. I loved this post.... I am so happy I stopped by!

Carol

 
At September 26, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Mickey said...

I really like all the decor for this wedding, especially the fact that you said "rustic" and it really was "rustic". It bothers me when people call something "rustic" when they should actually call it "plastic".

 
At September 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

What a gorgeous wedding! So many great details all put together perfectly.
Oh, and those engagement pictures...yes, please! Beautiful!

 
At September 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Every single detail that you put into this wedding is simply stunning! I absolutely love it all! Just proves you don't have to spend a fortune to create a wonderland of beauty for any celebration!
xoxo
Kim
Thanks for linking up at tip toe thru tuesday!

 
At October 2, 2012 at 4:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You've been featured on my blog at this weeks tip toe thru tuesday! Stop and grab a button when you get a chance!
xoxo
kim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home