<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: 3 Adhesive Paper Projects: Shelves, Tray & Box Makeovers

Friday, September 28, 2012

3 Adhesive Paper Projects: Shelves, Tray & Box Makeovers




Happy Friday Friends! Yesterday I was busy organizing the new craft space. All those small details take so much time! I'm sharing three easy quick projects I worked on with the two rolls of adhesive contact shelf paper I found at TJ Maxx for $5.99.
I lined the back of all my shelves with the paper first. All you do is measure your space and cut the paper to size.  My biggest tip for applying this is to leave the backing on and slowly take it off and smooth the bubbles down with a wall paper tool like this. 
 After I did my shelves I had some left over scraps.

 This is where it pays off to have a pile of thrift store items that need makeovers :) I love trays. 
 All I did was prime and paint the sides, and used the adhesive paper for the middle.

 Next up.... with the smaller scraps I covered two random small boxes I found in the garage.
Of course they need a chalkboard label. I just cut a few from scraps of chalkboard adhesive from Hobby Lobby.
 These turned out so great, right? I think you could also use duct tape on boxes for the same effect..
Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
Joining:
Little Inspiration

3 Comments:

At September 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Susan S. said...

I love these mini makeovers Lina! It's amazing how "put together" a plain bookshelf or cubby unit can look when you do something to the vertical insides of it to give it color. I have loads of 1980s oak bookshelves that might be able to find a new life with some paint and decorating. The only issue is that the raised (or sunken) oak grain will show through the paint. Maybe that won't be so bad.

The other thing is that by decorating the insides of the shelf units, it will encourage me not to collect so many magazines and books that I can't SEE the pretty part! I need to stalk my local thrift shops more often too for storage containers that I can dress up. If I don't spend too much money on them, I'll be more willing to take chances with my makeovers.

 
At September 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Breezy Brie said...

How fun! I love the tray with the blue and yellow - so bright and beautiful! :)

 
At September 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

Great idea! I just bought some contact paper for drawers and cabinets in our rental home! I'd love to do what you did on a tray. Thanks for sharing the great idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home