<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Cute Kid Lunch Ideas

Monday, August 6, 2012

Cute Kid Lunch Ideas


Hi Friends! I've been practicing my lunch making skills today for back to school. My kids are pretty picky, but lately I've found that if it's served in a fun way they might eat the fruit & veggies. :)
And lets be real and just say not every lunch needs to look cute for school. I could never do that, but my goal this year is to maybe try a little harder. :)
I saw these items in the dollar Target bin area and started to think about what sort of lunches I could come up with.


These little cheese faces are so cute and pretty easy. Mine have raisin eyes and carrot mouth. I tried to make a tiny mustache with the wax.

Here's my first bento box lunch. Have you seen these lunch boxes with compartments? I'm going to try these this year. And guess what? Look for my giveaway tomorrow to win one of these awesome laptop lunchboxes!

 I used a house shaped cookie cutter on the sandwich, pretzels for windows, Pirate Booty for a smoke stack, and an orange for the sun.

 He was thrilled! I actually impressed I think...

My daughter is a huge fan of baby elephants. It's her thing. 
I cut a watermelon balloon with celery for the string, and cantaloupe hearts. 


I found the elephant, balloon, and heart cookie cutters at Sur La Table. They have a bunch for $1 each.
With all these new lunch tools I wanted a cute container to keep it all together,
I had this box from the dollar store and liked its shape. but it wasn't pretty.
I gave it a little make over using Mod Podge and scrapbook paper. Plus I made a little chalkboard adhesive label. I like to keep a roll of it from Hobby lobby and cut labels when I need them.
 Oh and it matches the pantry....
Thanks for stopping by! Are you into making bento box lunches? What's your favorite tool?




Joining these parties:Tip Junkie handmade projects
Nap-Time Creations

The 36th AVENUE


SNAP! A++ /bit.ly/e1sS3c" alt="" />

8 Comments:

At August 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Just discovered your blog - love it! Following you now! Come check mine out! www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

 
At August 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love your ides!

 
At August 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Georgette said...

So creative! Love that balloon and elephant! Thanks for sharing!!

http://pinkcalaveras.blogspot.com

 
At August 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Cute. Just pinned to my Lunch for the Kiddos board.

Someday I will make cool lunches like that.

 
At August 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a fun Mom you are! I love your ideas!

 
At August 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM , Blogger The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I always want to do fun lunches like these, but never get to. I'll have to check out Target for those cutters & the book.

 
At August 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM , Blogger CK said...

Oh my goodness- you are SOOO good at that!! *pinning* this. Need to learn bento.

 
At August 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Haley said...

I can't wait to have kids so I can do all of these adorable lunch ideas! Love your blog! Such great ideas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home