<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Crayon & Pencil Wreath (Back to School Craft)

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crayon & Pencil Wreath (Back to School Craft)



Hi Friends! Today I'm sharing a back to school treat that I made for my cute sister in law who just accepted her first elementary school job teaching first grade. We are so excited for her and she is busy getting her classroom together. Make sure to check out my growing Pinterest board "Back 2 School" ideas.
Most of us here only have about 19 days til school starts. Geesh does that seems early or what?
This project really started with lots of crayons, pencils and hot glue and evolved from there. School supply deals seem to popping up all over so my supplies were inexpensive. I had no plan and just started gluing.
My husband cut a bunch of pencils to 3/4 length with his table saw for me. (Thanks Hubs!)



I did cut a few crayons down to make it look nicer in picture 2. Pencils were glued to the underneath of the wood wreath frame. It took awhile to figure out spacing on the pencils because it's easy for them to look wonky. It helped to place some ahead to make sure I stayed straight (pic 3). So ended up with this wreath and thought it looked more like a letter O and wasn't quite happy with it.

So off to Michel's craft store and came back with the following 3 items. The finished wood frame is very lightweight. I painted the frame yellow and the middle part with chalkboard paint.
I glued on that apple last and think it's so darn cute!
So because I didn't plan anything out first, the back isn't so eye pleasing. The frame is secured with a looped ribbon and a heavier glue (e6000). It has to be hung by the wood wreath frame. So it probably wouldn't work on a door, but maybe she can secure it to a wall or wreath hanger on her desk? 

Yay I looooove how it turned out!!!

My fav part is that she can change and customize the message!
So what do you think? A good teacher gift? Are you getting ready for school to start too?

                                                    A Mommy’s Blog Design Free Pinterest Social Media IconFacebookRSS FeedEmailTwitter


Linking to:
shabby creek cottage
The 36th AVENUE


Made By You Monday @ Skip to My Lou

Blissful and Domestic

="http://bit.ly/e1sS3c" alt="" />
”Little
Create and Inspire Party @ Little Inspiration
SixSistersStuff.com








Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Tip Junkie handmade projects

SNAP!






For the Kids Friday
Design Dazzle

TDC Before and After

Visit thecsiproject.com

13 Comments:

At July 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM , Blogger staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Found you via Facebook..
Love LOVE this idea!

I will be giving this a try in the next few weeks :)

 
At July 18, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger ScrappyRae10 said...

OMG how stinking cute is this!!! Simply AMAZING!!!

 
At July 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

So great how every element composing this wreath is really school related! You are so creative!

 
At July 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Bliss said...

How cute is that! I have a bunch of old pencils, I'm thinking I could make one that looks vintage.

~Bliss~

 
At July 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, you should love how it turned out, it is adorable!! It will be the focal point of her classroom

Carol

 
At July 20, 2012 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Kirby Carespodi said...

Very cute, but PLEASE don't make me go back!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM , Blogger karen@somewhatquirky said...

This is so cute! I think I will make one for my sister who is also a 1st grade teacher - 25 years! Thanks for joining the party this week!

 
At July 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Dr. Cee said...

This is beautiful!!! Do you sell them? I saw your information in the Ahwatukee newspaper.

Cee

 
At July 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger HANI said...

What a beautiful back to school project.. I am pinning it!
Thanks for linking up at Friday Fun Party and have a nice day! :)

 
At July 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

This is a fantastic project! It is so perfect for back to school!
Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Meaningful Mama said...

I love this idea and hope to do it for the teacher when my daughter goes to kindergarten this fall. I'll link back if we do. I just pinned it! :-)

 
At July 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

This is amazing! I cannot wait to make some (need 4) :) Pinning this also:)
Hugs, Jen @ frazzled5

 
At August 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

Lina this is so cute!! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home