<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Cooking with Wonton Wrappers

Monday, July 30, 2012

Cooking with Wonton Wrappers

 I've been having fun cooking with won ton wrappers lately and my family has loved it. (Even my picky kiddies!) I thought I'd share pics of two meals I've made recently. This is not really a recipe but more an idea to incorporate some fun in your everyday recipes. Plus at just 20 calories per wrap it can be a lighter way to make lasagnas and tacos. Plus everyone loves cute fancy looking food, right?!


 For these mini lasagnas I made my basic tomato meat sauce and then layered the muffin tins with the wrap, meat sauce, skim milk ricotta, and a little Parmesan. Also the wrappers can be found by the refrigerated organic dairy items in your grocery store. I had to ask about 4 people where they were and mostly I got a "what?" or "hugh?"...


After just a few minutes in the oven they look fantastic. Remember to use non stick spray.


 I think next time I might use two wrappers per muffin tin. This plus a great salad make a yummy easy meal!


We love our taco Tuesdays at our house!...It's one of the few meals there's no whining at the dinner table.
For this meal I just made my taco filling using this homemade taco seasonings recipe via Whole New Mom. (Great website by the way)...
Then I topped with a little cheddar cheese and baked in the oven. I used cilantro, tomatoes, and avocado as toppings.

I'm sure there's so many ways to use these cool wrappers....Wouldn't these look cool as a holiday party appetizer?
Have a wonderful week!



Joining here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects



The 36th AVENUE

It's Overflowing

4 Comments:

At July 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

love this! I've been looking for these but haven't had much luck finding them here. I'm going to keep looking :)

 
At July 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Super idea. I am going to make some of these for appetizers for this weekend. I love the idea. Thanks for the info. Hugs, Marty

 
At July 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Lina! These look fabulously easy and delicious too! Thank you for sharing! Who doesn't like tacos or lasagna? Love your creative header! Blessings from Bama!

 
At August 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

I definitely want to try some of those. They all look yummy. I’d love for you to link up this (and any other ideas you’d like to share) at "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home