<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Citrus Nails Tutorial

Friday, July 13, 2012

Citrus Nails Tutorial


Hi! Wow.. my watermelon nails from last month seem to be quite popular, so today I'm showing you how to paint these cute and easy citrus inspired nails. We are pretty much inside bound these hot days if we're not at the pool. This is something fun my little girl and I like to do together :) My frugal tip on buying nail polish is to find a nail supply store. One that supplies to salons. There's one here in Tempe, AZ that happens to be in an Asian marketplace. I get China Glaze and OPI for $4-5...I love nice polish, but it can get expensive! 

First I painted 2 thin coats of a light pink. Then I used an orange color and made rounded edges. Its real easy just start out on one end and swoop it over to the other side. After that dried, I used a white striper polish to make these citrus lines on the inside part of the orange. Stripers are polish with super long brushes and can be found at the beauty supply. I decided to do another line with a yellow striper.
Cute, Right?!...

I used a similar design with my little one's nails, except added yellow and green colors.

Little toes are so much cuter! :) 

Thanks for always stopping by with sweet comments! I treasure each one. Hope everyone is having a fun summer :-) 

Create & Inspire @ Little Inspiration 


Skip To My Lou
Crafty Confessions
Tip Junkie handmade projects
The 36th AVENUE

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Keisha Cosby said...

Just showed my BG this tutorial after doing watermelons on her nails and she loved it! We were just thinking if you paint the nail orange and the rounded corner orange, you'd have pink grapefruit. Thanks for the ideas you just made our weekly nail time more fun! :-) *high five*

 
At July 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Seaweed and Raine said...

love this! I can't wait for summer here so I can try this out.

 
At July 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Emily P said...

Very cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home