<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Father's Day Handprint & Footprint Painted Plates (Homemade Gift)

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Handprint & Footprint Painted Plates (Homemade Gift)




So the other day I had it in my head I wanted to make a handprint & footprint plate for my hubby for Father's Day. I walked into one of those pottery painting places in the strip mall, and walked right back out. I had some serious sticker shock...kinda pricey. So I found two large white plates at Goodwill and thought we could try to make our own. ( Not that I know anything about painting art, ha!).
The funny part of these plates is that after we were done I looked at the back of them and they are Narumi Bone China 12 inch plates that retail for $43.00 online! What? I paid .80 each at GW! And now of course they are priceless art pieces! Ha

We painted with enamel ceramic paint from Hobby Lobby. This is purely decorative and will not be eaten off of.

I started with a brown footprint of my daughter's 

that turned into a monkey and palm tree!
Thanks to the Handprint & Footprint Art blog for that inspiration. 





For my son I started out with two handprints and made a tie template with cardstock to trace.

I tried to make an argyle tie :) Kinda cute.


I think he will love these and they'll look great at his office!
I'm truly blessed with the best hubby and dad to our kiddos. He rocks!
 I'm thankful everyday for him! Plus. I was raised by two wonderful dads in my life. Happy Father's Day to all :)


P.S. I just made these by putting pancake batter in an empty squeeze bottle! :)
joining these parties:
It's OVerflowing



Tip Junkie handmade projects

The 36th AVENUE

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2012 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Breezy Brie said...

Super cute! And what a deal on those plates! :) Now they are worth even more - I'm sure he loved them

Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home