<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Tiffany & Co Inspired Hutch

Friday, February 25, 2011

Tiffany & Co Inspired Hutch

It's Done! I completed my Tiffany & Company Inspired Hutch! And folks I don't know what could be more Fancy Frugal than thrift store T&C!! Ha.














I never really knew what to put in here. We've had it for about 5 years and 3 different moves.
I always put family photos, wine glasses, candles, ect. The other day I was sitting in the room and it felt so dark. It doesn't have much natural light and our furniture is dark so I was thinking about what I could do to make it lighter and brighter....







I could paint it....but what color? The walls are renter's beige, and then it wouldn't match our table, and TV Hutch. So that's out.












Then I thought what if I took everything out and replaced with all white dishes and accessories? OK now we're talkin! I love that look.























Yep you know where this is from...







Awe lets all drool :)







Pretty pricey I'm sure. I didn't even look. I'm pretty sure I'd be stressed out about breakage if I had the real thing anyway. I'm clumsy and I have two small kids. This equals lots of breakage!





So I off I went to the oh so glam Goodwill and picked up a bunch of white dishware and accessories.





See $.99!!


Then I bought a bunch of heavy card stock paper in this color :)




Remember my last post on those fab beauties I painted white? Read that here
I also picked up these letters at Hob Lob on clearance for $1 and painted them white. See painting things white is addicting!




Lastly I saw a post recently about how to glam things up with vintage bling from The Poka Dot Closet





I didn't have any vintage but I found some $2.25 sale bling for Hob Lob! I attached these with E6000 glue to the middle of a few plates.










The one I am most excited about is the clock! That is so T&C for sure!! You know the one I'm reffering to.












My hubby said the black ones look like the Steelers logo so now I'm not a fan. Ha ha. Oh well.





















Lets see the finished product up close. I love love love it.
The paper is just double taped to the back of the hutch. I have commitment issues to colors so this is great if I want to change it again.










The crystal box is real and was a Christmas gift from my sweet dad many years ago. He used to give me T&C coins as gifts to use as store credit. I have always saved it and love having it around. I did spend the coins a long time ago...sigh :)





















Not bad for about $30 worth of thrift finds, right?! The random bird thingy was a good Ross steal at $9.00. I sprayed the top white, and just love it!












Hope you like!!
















Please make sure to "Like" my new Facebook page here.




Thanks!!!








xoxo




Lina





Linking to Tatertots and Jello







Chic on a Shoestring Decorating











































































Photobucket











 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/








Transformation Thursday











504 MainPhotobucket


18 Comments:

At February 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Love it! This made me smile out loud. ;-)

 
At February 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

This cabinet looks great! Nice work! :)

 
At February 25, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Connie the crafterbug said...

It looks fantastic! I am really really wanting to do something like this!

 
At February 26, 2011 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

This is AWESOME!!
I love it!

 
At February 26, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Blogger ~K @ VintageSkye said...

Stunning!

 
At February 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Megan said...

This looks great. I love the all white dishes. They look so chic.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

 
At February 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Ten Cow said...

Wow that is soo awesome! I love how {FANCY} your thrift store hutch is! I would've never thought to add bling to plates - and you T&C look like they cost a ton (after they were painted white :-)!
-Mariesa

 
At February 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

This is beautiful! I love that you put the Tiffany blue paper on the back. Gorj!

 
At February 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ONE WORD..... "BEAUTIFUL!" winks-jen

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sooooo PRETTY...love your idea! Come by and show it off at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see ya there:)

Blessings,
Linda

 
At March 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

the letters are my favorite. Doesn't white just make everything better?!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Robin Johnson said...

Simply Beautiful! I love all the white inside the black hutch. Such a classic, stunning look.

 
At March 3, 2011 at 5:11 AM , Blogger {northern cottage} said...

ohhh gorgeous - I love how you took all these odd objects and MADE them all go together perfectly...well well done!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I'm your newest follower and this is my first visit to your blog. I came via SSS today. I love how you put the Tiffany blue paper in your hutch. Your display is just beautiful. I'd love it if you visited me and followed me as well. I'm new to blogging and I don't have many followers yet!
http://cottageatthecrossroads.com

 
At March 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Loving this, and loving the idea of taping the paper to the back, I would have never thought of that!

I always tell my husband that white paint is my best friend!

Love your blog, I'm your newest follower!

Amanda @ www.themostfabulousnews.com

 
At March 9, 2011 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Connie the crafterbug said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tried this and I really like it thanks! I also posted your link on my blog so that others could see where I got the idea. I hope that is alright.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 7:27 PM , Blogger driftwoodesign said...

Fabulous I just love it. When staging a recent repurposed french display shelf I built I loved the look and feel of the white dishes even against the creamy white paint the whole unit was finished in. Feel free to stop by and take a look if you haven't seen it.
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/2011/02/heres-recipe-french-cabinet.html
Kristy @ for the love of WOOD

 
At June 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

"Painting things is addicting"...hehehe :) It's oh so true. Beautiful Job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home