<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: I Can't Stop Painting Things White

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Can't Stop Painting Things White

So I may have a problem. I can't stop spray painting things! I am ADDICTED! It's like magic and makes everything shiny and new!!












Here are a few thrift store items I picked up yesterday at Goodwill and already brought them back to life! Yep I am in love with the Goodwill we just moved next to. Ha ha







Here is what I found.


A cool decorative gold box, 3 candle holders and a vintage serving bowl with neat handle. I am new to thrift-ing so I don't know the correct terms for things yet! Ha.






And then with the magic of spray paint, they are transformed!!




I am revamping my current hutch with all white items so these will work out fabulous...and only $10.00 for all these plus spray paint!














Stay tuned for my Tiffany & Co inspired revamp on my hutch! I am super excited about that project!






xoxo


Lina









Linking to:

Transformation Thursday




HouseofHepworths




linkparty





Domestically Speaking


504 MainPhotobucket

15 Comments:

At February 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Connie the crafterbug said...

Wow those look fabulous!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

oh man, WHY can't i see things like that? i mean, see it, as in see something different. i love them painted white-great idea!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:42 AM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I am addicted to white also, I paint everything white! You are right it makes everything look shiny and new! Good eye with that box, it looks great!

Carol

 
At February 25, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

So cute! I see NOTHING wrong with painting everything white, especially if it looks so good!

Also, I have a great Dove chocolate giveaway going on right now and would love if stopped by and entered: http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/2011/02/dove-chocolate-discoveries-giveaway.html

~Katie @ Eye Spy DIY

 
At February 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Brittany said...

Those turned out great! I hope next time I go thrifting I can bring home some good finds. :)

 
At February 25, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Designs on 47th Street said...

Those do look great. Did you paint them with primer or anything to make the paint stick? Isn't thrifting amazing?? I am becoming a veteran at it and now my daughters are getting into it. It is really neat how many great finds are at GW or other similar stores!

Donna

 
At February 25, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Thanks Ladies!! @Donna- No I didn't use primer and I should have. I can see tiny spots where it ran a little because I did a few coats of paint. I am learning :) I also learned to come with your own newspaper because a few of my items broke in the car. Darn :( But I still LOVE thrifting!!

 
At February 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Beth Adams said...

They look wickedly awesome in white. Kudos to you!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

 
At March 2, 2011 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Love the finds! I'm also an addict! My FIL jokes all the time about standing still too long in my house....if you do, you'll end up painted! ha

 
At March 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Megan Gunyan said...

i think I have those silver candlesticks as well! I love them painted--all the items are so very cute! Great job.
I'm having TWO giveaways right now--love it if you could check them out! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

For being new to thrifting you are finding great items. I love all the white.
Traci

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Heather said...

These absolutely rock!

 
At March 5, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Liane Radford said...

These are awesome! What color white spray paint are you using?

 
At March 5, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

I have a whote addiction as well...I am also hooked on spray painting...is that so wrong???
Stacey :o)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger inkpenart said...

I'm just the same! I go in looking at things as they would look painted, not how they ARE! My daughter keeps griping at me that 'nothing's good enough', I ALWAYS have to paint everything...well, I'm a painter anyway, so painting objects just fits right in!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home